Eventually I’d like to try and grow a dwarf lemon tree and then I could make this fabulous dish with my own lemons. In the meantime I’ll settle for buying them and trust that it is just as good regardless.
We made this dish when J.’s parents were in town and it was a quick and easy recipe that was still tasty enough to impress.
- 1 1/2 cups grilled or barbecued chicken, cut in morsels (we pan seared ours to cook it)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (some would argue that you shouldn’t cook with anything you wouldn’t drink but all we had on hand was cooking wine and I think it was still fabulous)
- 2 to 3 fresh cloves garlic, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 tsp dried oregano or thyme (we used oregano)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (we didn’t have any so we skipped this)
- 3/4 pound pasta (we used angel hair which is one of my favorites)
- Put the pasta water on to boil.
- Sautee the garlic in the butter on low heat until it just begins to turn color (light gold).
- Add the chicken morsels and the (optional) oregano.
- Add the lemon juice and white wine and allow to simmer so the sauce reduces slightly and the chicken absorbs the flavor.
- Cook the pasta.
- Drain the cooked pasta well, reserving some of the cooking water to moisten the pasta as needed (we didn’t do this because we forgot and it still worked out fine)
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce and mix well.
What are your favorite quick and easy dishes?